Episode006: When your husband decides to sleep in on vacation
Hooray for recent travels. In March, we went to Washington D.C. We combined our anniversary trip with Catie’s work conference. In this episode, you will here about a few life updates like Catie’s weekend at the ONE Conference, celebrating our 2nd anniversary, and our recent awesome purchase of the Instant Pot. But most of the time we will be chatting about our favorite sites in the District – our likes, our fights, good food, and some things we did new this time… *Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a photo gallery.
Learn about Washington D.C. here.
What we did:
- Pentagon Memorial
- Capitol Tour
- Library of Congress
- Supreme Court
- National Archives
- Made famous in this movie (just kidding)
- Arlington Cemetery
- Make sure to stay for the changing of the guards
- Union Station
- Washington Monument
- Lincoln Memorial
- Martin Luther King Memorial
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
- Eastern Market
- Ford’s Theater and Petersen House
- Newseum – Check out the Berlin Wall and 9/11 exhibit
- National Air and Space Museum – quick guide here
- American History History – quick guide here
- City Sights D.C. – Hop on and Hop Off Bus
- Whats the only thing worth purchasing? The Night Tour
- Dama’s Ethiopian – local style
- Ted’s Bulletin
- Know for their adult milkshakes and homemade pop-tart dessert
- Food Truck – Smile Grill
- Romeo and Juliet
- Chinatown Express Restaurant
- Ethiopian Restaurant – fancy style
- Dangerously Delicious Pie
- Chinatown Coffee in Chinatown
- Peregrine Espresso at Eastern Market
- Capital Bikeshare
- Our Airbnb rental in Capitol Hill was just a couple of blocks away from the Capitol was amazing!
- Sign up via our referral code and get $20 off your first booking!
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church
Other must that we didn’t do cause we ran out of time!
While you are here, will you consider being a part of our fun? Subscribing to our website will mean you won’t miss an update and joining in on the adventure via Facebook means you will get the first scoop and discussion on new podcasts!
We are now on iTunes!
POP OVER TO LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES. This helps others find our podcast!