Episode007: When you book a place with no running water or electricity
The weather is getting warmer and we’ve managed to put off talking about our trip to Turkey for another week! In this episode we talk about some services that we love to use while we travel; including Airbnb, Uber, Yelp, and Google Talks… or is it Google Docs? You’ll have to listen to find out!
Our Favorite Services:
- Airbnb is a website for people to list, find, and rent lodging. It has over 1,500,000 listings in 34,000 cities and 190 countries. Founded in August 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, the company is privately owned and operated. [wikipedia]
- Uber Technologies Inc. is an American multinational online transportation network company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It develops, markets and operates the Uber mobile app, which allows consumers with smartphones to submit a trip request which is then routed to Uber drivers who use their own cars. [wikipedia]
- Yelp is an American multinational corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California. It develops, hosts and markets Yelp.com and the Yelp mobile app, which publish crowd-sourced reviews about local businesses, as well as the online reservation service SeatMe and online food-delivery service Eat24. [wikipedia]
- Google Docs
- Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides are a word processor, a spreadsheet and a presentation program respectively, all part of a free, web-based software office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service. The suite allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users in real-time. [wikipedia]
- We mentioned a Google excel template we created for our travels. You can view it via this link. If you want to use it, please make a copy of it to your Google Drive! Enjoy!
While you are here, will you consider being a part of our fun? Subscribing to our website will mean you won’t miss an update and joining in on the adventure via Facebook means you will get the first scoop and discussion on new podcasts!
We are now on iTunes!
POP OVER TO LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES. This helps others find our podcast!