Episode038: When you spend a month together in Asia
Happy October! Fall IS coming, and we can smell it in the air. Our doors and windows are open to let the cooler winds into our home! While we don’t give you a life update on the podcast, we want to let you know that are 2-year visa applications are in the works! We are hoping that all of it should be processed and our new visas will be in our hands in the next month! Please be thinking about us in this in-between time and for approval! Currently, we are in limbo between our currently expired visas and the new ones coming in… which is never fun.
In this episode, we cover our WHOLE month-long travel through SouthEast Asia with our friends Eric and Ashley. Yes, ALL OF IT! Which means, this episode is somewhat of a long one. So grab a cup of coffee and find a cozy spot and picture us sitting in your living room or kitchen table chatting over our favorite memories. Some of our least favorite things may have also snuck their way into the conversation too. But, hey, what is the good without a little bit of the bad right?
We are still working on some website articles including our fun pics, but until then check out our #funrowtravelasia hashtag on Instagram!
Did you know we have a Facebook page? We would love for you to like our page. Bonus: You will get notified of future updates, pictures, article links, and videos.
Couple friend goals: “Friends who travel together, stay together!”
- Episode017 – Our first vacation sailing with Eric and Ashley in Turkey
- Episode024 – Our second short meet up in Prague, Czech Republic over New Years.
- Eric and Ashley’s Website
5 countries we visited together:
- Thailand – Bangkok and Koh Samui
- Myanmar – Mandalay, Inle Lake, and Bagan City
- Cambodia – Siem Reap
- Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur
- Singapore, Singapore
Favs from Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai Massage
- Wat Pho
- Thai Food
- Jim Thompson House
- LocalGuddy Tour of the floating markets – first ever durian tasting
Favs from Myanmar (formerly Burma) – Mandalay, Inle Lake, Bagan
- Dumplings at Mogok Daw Shan Noodle in Mandalay
- Tea Leaf Salad
- Fried Rice with garlic, green chilis infused soy sauce
- Bagan area temples
- Inle Lake
Favs from Cambodia – Siem Reap
- Popular Residence Hotel
- Angkor Wat – think Tomb Raider
- Beng Mealea Temple
- Landmine Museum
- Butterfly Center
- War Museum
- Tip: bring clean, crisp, new USD!
Favs from Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur
- HOHO Bus
- Chili’s – yes, the restaurant
- Petronas Towers
- Meeting up with Catie’s old friend!
- Worse thing? Bus from KL to Singapore
Favs from Singapore – Singapore
- River Cruise
- Art Science Museum – Future World Exhibit
- Gardens by the Bay –
Favs from Koh Samui, Thailand
- Samui Boat Lagoon – our 2 bedroom villa with a shared outdoor living area and private pool
- Scuba Diving and snorkeling
- Jason loved doing nothing
- All you can eat sushi at Sushi Bar by Yin Yang
Glad we brought:
- Shoes – Chacos, Keens, Teva shoes
- Essential Oils – Read about what Ashely brought here
- Sleeping bag liner
- More conservative clothes
8 fun things to do in Bangkok, Thailand by Eric and Ashley
Questions for the listeners:
- Are you an expat living overseas? Where do you live?
- Have you taken a recent trip that has changed you? How did you adjust to going back ‘home?
- Have you lived in another area other than ‘home’? What did you learn from living in this new place?
As always, email us your questions and we will answer them in a future episode!
Like this podcast episode?! Share it!
Recent Series: EXPAT GOING HOME
Stay tuned for upcoming articles:
TRAVEL: Why you should use Local Guddy next time you travel
EXPAT: Going Home Series
- The Going Home Series is all about how you can have the best visit back ‘home’. Catie covers both sides of the spectrum to help both those in the native country and those living abroad have an easier time reconnecting and supporting each other.
- If you are an expat going back to your native country, this is for you!
- If you are someone who will be visiting returning expats, this is for you too!
If you are just now joining in:
We are on iTunes!
POP OVER TO LEAVE US A REVIEW ON ITUNES. This helps others find our podcast!